Monday, January 08, 2007

Return of That Darn Business Magazine

Yes, kiddies, it's that time again - grinding out the next issue of NCCNM (which, for all my teasing and griping, I really do enjoy working on). NCCNM hosts an annual women's business symposium and luncheon and this year's event is scheduled for Feb. 14th - Valentine's Day. I'm not sure what to make of the decision to hold it on Valentine's Day, but it was the publisher's call, not mine.

Last year I ended up on the podium introducing one of the speakers at the luncheon. There I was, in front of about 160 women, with maybe five other men in the room. I don't think I've ever been so frightened in all my life.

Anyway... back in the present... In order to get the next issue back from the printer's in time for the event, we have to have it to the printers within the next few weeks, so it's nose-to-the-grindstone time. Frankly, I kind of like working with a compressed schedule; it keeps everybody focused and motivated and moving, moving, moving. I wonder sometimes if I shouldn't have been a fireman, because I think I work best with alarm bells ringing and things burning all around me. Good times, eh?

On other fronts, I'm working with OSC on a really cool IGMS project that I'm very excited about. Problem is I can't tell you about it yet. I will as soon as I can though. Really. Pinky promise.

No comments: